· Solar energy is a renewable resource. Although we can not utilize the power of the sun in the evening or on stormy, cloudy days, and so on, we can depend on the sun being there the next day, all set to provide us more energy and light. As long as we have the sun, we can have solar power (and on the day that we no longer have the sun, you can think that we will no longer have ourselves, either).
· Oil, on the other hand, is not renewable. Once it is gone, it is gone. Yes, we may discover another source to tap, however that source may run out.
· Solar battery are completely quiet. They can extract energy from the sun without making a peep. Now imagine more info the noise that the giant devices utilized to drill for and pump oil make!
· Solar power is non-polluting. Of all benefits of solar energy over that of oil, this is, possibly, the most important. The burning of oil releases carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases and carcinogens into the air.
· Solar battery need extremely little maintenance (they have no moving parts that will need to be fixed), and they last a long time.
· Although solar lights or solar panels, etc., might be expensive to buy at the onset, you can conserve loan in the long run. After all, you do not have to spend for energy from the sun. On the other hand, all of us know the increasing expense of oil.
· Solar powered lights and other solar energy items are also extremely easy to set up. You do not even need to fret about wires.
As you can see, there are read more lots of advantages of solar energy. The benefits of solar power variety from benefiting your wallet to benefiting the environment. There are really just a couple of functions of solar energy that can be thought about disadvantages.
Here are the disadvantages of solar power:
· Solar cells/panels, etc. can be really expensive.
· Solar energy can not be developed in the evening.
As you can see the advantages of solar energy develop a a lot longer list that the disadvantages, and the disadvantages are things that can be enhanced as technology enhances.
One piece of info that many green enthusiasts look for is how to make solar panels. The reality is that with the ideal knowledge and a few easy parts you can find out how to make photovoltaic panels, and you can do so at a cost anybody can manage.
In this post we'll talk about how to make photovoltaic panels. More specifically we'll offer you a list of the parts you'll require to do make your own solar panels in the house, and after that provide you the actions needed to develop your photovoltaic panels.
How to Make Solar Panels - Parts List
When it concerns making your own solar panels, cheaply, sourcing the parts correctly is everything. The standard parts you will need consist of:
1. Solar Cells - To produce the power.
2. Tabbing Wire - To connect the solar batteries together.
3. Solder - To connect the tabbing wire to the solar batteries.
4. Bus Wire - To wire everything together in a series when done.
5. Plywood - To utilize as a support
6. Framing product (square aluminum tubing or 1 x 2 lumber) - To construct a frame on top of the plywood.
7. Plexiglas or Lexan - To seal your assembled unit up, and safeguard your solar batteries.
8. Silicone - To ensure the whole unit is sealed up.
9. Misc Hardware - Screws, etc to put it all together.
The most essential element is the solar cells themselves. These types of solar cells are less effective than the more existing thin-film cells, however the distinction in effectiveness is just about 7%.
By choosing to use your basic cells, readily available on sites like eBay, you'll enable yourself to build a 100 Watt panel for around $125. Some people even opt for chipped, or B-Grade cells, that produce the same quantity of power however are faulty by the maker's standards (ie broke corners, etc). With this option of solar cells a finished 100 Watt panel might cost less than $70.
With the parts in hand you are now all set to start putting everything together and making your solar panels.
How to Make Solar Panels - Steps Required
The steps to create photovoltaic panels are really rather easy. If you do need assistance at this point we suggest purchasing one of the leading guides to DIY solar power. They can assist given that they consist of illustration and video to reveal you exactly what requires to be done. Having said that the steps needed truly aren't that tough, and anyone is capable of building a photovoltaic panel.
Prior to you start you need to look at how many solar batteries you have and then divide them into an even number. If you have 50 cells to make a 100 Watt panel, you may choose to make 5 rows of 10 cells.
Action by Step to Make Solar Panels:
1. Tab Your Solar Cells - Cut 2 pieces of tabbing wire for each cell. These must be double the width of a cell, and then solder those wires to the cells themselves.
2. Wire the Cells in Series - With all of the cells tabbed, begin circuitry the cells in a series. Solder the wires from the top of one cell to the bottom of the next cell (- to +). Continue this up until you have the variety of rows you picked before you began.
3. Build a Panel - Utilizing your plywood and your 1 x 2, cut the proper size to house your series of cells out of the plywood and then construct a frame around it.
4. Location the Solar Battery Series in the Panel - Place your solar cells in your panel. Before you tack them down utilizing silicone, wire 2 more tabbing wires to the end of each series (so that you have a + connection off one side of the series and a - connection off the other).
5. Wire it Together - When you cells are in the panel cut bus wires that can reach throughout to two groups of cells. Wire them together in a series so that you are circuitry the positive side of one group to the unfavorable side of the next. Continue this up until all of your series are wired together.
6. Attach Your Final Wires - Take some braided copper wire and solder it to the + connection of the first series of cells, and then wire another piece to the - connection of the last series of cells. Run these wires out of the panel.
Presuming your voltage is what you expected, close the panel up using your silicon and Plexiglas. At this point you're prepared to wire your solar panel into it's final position.
With simply a few steps you've now found out how to make solar panels. Proceed to your next panel, and start working to convert your whole house to solar power.